ITIL, formerly known as the Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a set of practices for IT service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. In its current form (known as ITIL 2011 edition), ITIL is published as a series of five core volumes, each of which covers a different ITSM lifecycle stage. Although ITIL underpins ISO/IEC 20000 (previously BS15000), the International Service Management Standard for IT service management, there are some differences between the ISO 20000 standard and the ITIL framework.
ITIL describes processes, procedures, tasks, and checklists which are not organization-specific, but can be applied by an organization for establishing integration with the organization's strategy, delivering value, and maintaining a minimum level of competency. It allows the organization to establish a baseline from which it can plan, implement, and measure. It is used to demonstrate compliance and to measure improvement.
This ITIL® Foundation course conducted in Singapore aims to achieve the following objectives:
- - Provide insight into the best practices for IT Service Management (ITSM).
- - Explain & discuss ITIL® framework, the theory and the concepts.
- - Focus on the terminology and relationships between the ITIL® processes.
- - Prepare participants for the exam.
21 Hours (3 Days)
Who Should Attend This Course
- - IT support and technical staff
- - Help Desk/support/operations staff.
- - Support/Help Desk/technical services managers.
- - Network support staff.
- Business Relationship Managers
- History of ITIL® -
- ITIL® Qualification scheme
Service Management as a Practice Service
- Service Management
- Processes -
- Roles -
The Service LifeCycle
- The Structure, Scope, Components and Interfaces of the ITIL® Library
- ITIL® Service Life Cycle
- Service Models
- Service Portfolio Management
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- Return on Investment
- Design Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM)
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Knowledge Management
- Incident Management
- Event Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Access Managemen
Continual Service Improvement
- The Continual Service Improvement Model
- IT Governance across
- Service Life Cycle
Technology and Architecture
- Generic requirements for - an integrated set of Service
- Management Technology
- Understand how Service Automation assists with integrating Service
- Management processes
Related Standards and Frameworks
- ISO/IEC 20000
- ISO 27000
- ISO 9000
- ISO 19770
- ISO 15504