(This workshop also available in mandarin and it can be customized to meet client's requirements)
Have a group of participants? We offer a special corporate rate for corporate clients. Contact us to find out more.
2 Days (09.00am - 05.00pm)
A successful sales manager's job is to provide clear direction and support to his/her team enabling them to excel and develop to reach their full potential. Sales managers often rise to this position from a successful career in sales. But the skills required of a successful sales manager are quite different than the skills of a sales person which is one of the key points that this program will be focusing on.
This two day program will enable delegates to have a clear understanding of the successful sales manager's responsibilities and how to become more effective in their roles in this
challenging competitive business environment of today. Over the period of the course delegates will explore key leadership skills as well as the essential sales managerial skills needed for them to effectively forecast and implement effective sales plans, motivate, monitor
and evaluate the performance of their people and provide the required direction and support ensuring measurable sales results from their sales teams.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to :
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a sales manager.
- Learn skills to achieve better results through their teams using sales plans and targeting techniques.
- Clearly understand how to prepare a sales forecast and a sales plan
- Properly observe , evaluate and give feedback to team members and set performance development objectives using assessment tools supplied
- Explore ways to motivate their sales team and create a more motivating environment
- Run more effective sales meetings and morning huddles to inspire and motivate and provide clear direction to his/her sales team members.
Sales managers or newly appointed or junior sales managers, sales team leaders, marketing and product development executives with little or no prior experience in managing a sales team.
This course also suitablefor any sales persons who wish to learn more about what drives the sales organization and how to be successful in the sales management position.
A Sales Management primer
- What is your job?
- Sales manager Vs Salesman
- The perfect sales person - Activity
Module 1: A Strategic look at sales management
- Sales management is it strategic or tactical?
- What are my CSF’s? - Critical success factors
- SWOT and PESTLE analysis
Module 2: Sales forecasting
- What is forecasting and how can it help sales performance?
- Identify different forecasting methods
- Follow a simple 4 step process to create a sales forecast
- Avoid common forecasting pitfalls
Module 3: Sales planning
- Setting up your sales strategy
- Put together the main components of your sales plan
- Specify sales tactics to achieve strategy
- Sales planning best practice examples
- Practical skill practice activity - create a sales plan
Module 4: Sales performance management
- Setting sales objectives
- The 3 step sales performance control plan
- Guidelines for proper sales performance evaluation
- Handling the underperforming sales team member.
Module 5: Motivating your sales team.
- What motivates us?
- Knowing your team inside out
- Creating a motivating environment for your team
- Understand the factors that combine and drive personal motivation
Module 6: Running effective sales meetings.
- Effective versus badly run sales meetings
- Planning your sales meeting sequence
- Successful sales meeting checklist
- Team huddle versus team meeting
Competitive review game